Thursday, October 4, 2012

Q & A with Photographer Valentina Glidden

Saying a Photographer is only as good as their camera, is like saying a baker is only as good as their oven. Valentina Glidden is a talented portrait and wedding photographer located in Southern California, who photographed the wedding of one of our own bride's, Krista Moline, and her husband Derek Jacobsen. The wedding, as you can see, from the photos below, was beautiful. But it takes a skilled photographer to capture those memories as beautiful as they were in the moment to last forever.  I asked Valentina a few questions about her experience in wedding photography including how to get compelling shots, advice for the camera shy, and her experience of the Moline and Jacobsen wedding...

Check out her blog: http://blog.valentinaglidden.com/ 





Me: What made you want to become a photographer?


Valentina: I grew up in a photography world. Both of my parents are photographers but I never really thought about becoming one myself. One day I started playing with my husband’s camera and asked a friend if she would model for me. I honestly didn’t think I was going to love it as much as I did but since that day photography has been my passion.  

Me: What is your favorite thing about shooting weddings?


Valentina: My favorite thing about weddings is the smiles and tears. Happy tears, of course! I absolutely love being able to capture the emotion on the bride, the groom and their family and friends. I love that I get to capture a celebration of love and the union between 2 people who absolutely love each other.

Me: What moments or shots do you look for? Or what are the most compelling shots for you?

 
Valentina: I love being able to capture emotion. I think crying photos are my favorite! I also love ceremony photos. They tend to be my favorite photos from a wedding. I remember from my own wedding being on cloud 9 as I said “I do” to my husband, and it makes me so excited knowing that in that moment, that couple is feeling that much excitement and joy. It shows in their faces and I get to capture it so they can treasure that forever!

Me: What are three words that describe your work?

Valentina: Classic, elegant and romantic

Me: Describe your experience shooting the Moline and Jacobsen wedding.

Valentina: Krista and Derek’s wedding was beautiful! The details, the location, the dress, the bride and the groom. Everything was spectacular! My absolutely favorite part was their vows. They wrote them themselves and they had me tearing up behind my camera. Their reception was also a blast!  

Me: What advice do you have to those who are nervous to have their photo taken or do a "photo shoot"? Do you often have customers who feel this way?
Valentina: I think it’s normal to be nervous before photo shoots. I get nervous whenever I step in front of the camera. I think my biggest advice is for the couple to trust the photographer. My best work comes out when couples trust me and trust my work. The great thing about couples is you have your significant other by your side and I think that helps the nerves. I definitely have had clients be nervous! I always tell them we’re there to have fun and I plan to capture their love in the process.  

(Krista wore a beautiful gown by Jim Hjelm style 8063 from Mary Me Bridal)

(All photos in this post are by Valentina Glidden Photography)















1 comment:

  1. so sweet! :)))) congratulation for both of you :))) keep the love and trust


    http://weddings.webadvertizers.com/

    ReplyDelete